HO - Re: Fighting Open Space Organizations

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Wed Oct 17 02:49:15 PDT 2001

HO Julia......

and thanks for your view - it inspires me.

.....experiencing my conscious  the heart, listening deeply for
meaning and acting boldly from deep within may be a way war and peace
may come together as life in me and us ?

those steps I am willing to take a little more every day for I belive
it works.....

- toke

*********

>Dear David,
>
>You asked how we can deal with people whose hatred is so justified in
>their minds.  I wonder whether hatred is ever justified.
>
>And I wonder whether justifying hatred is part of what we expect.  It seems
>to me that the structure of thinking goes something like this:
>
>Because ________ did __________, I am justified in rejecting/ hating/
>killing him.
>
>Isn't this the structure of thinking that allowed Osama bin Laden to do
>what he did to us?  Isn't it the very same structure of thinking that is
>allowing us to do what we are doing to him?   Does it matter what names
>or actions we put in the blanks?  Does it even really matter which side of
>the conflict we find ourselves on?  Isn't it simply a pattern of thinking and
>behavior that is the same on both sides, and which has very predictable
>outcomes?
>
>Haven't we seen this pattern enough times?
>
>What do we have to do to rise to a different pattern?
>
>Artur has asked us to think about metanoia, about the rebirthing of
>ourselves.  In order to rebirth to a new and more evolved self, we must
>begin to discard our old self.  We cannot expect anything to be different if
>we are not willing to be different.
>
>I believe that if we want to evolve to a higher state of being, we must
>discard our belief that hatred or killing or violence or unkindness is ever
>justified.
>
>In order for any of that to make sense to those who do not already
>understand, we have to have a deeper conversation.  It is not enough to
>say, "but that will get you killed."   We have already had that conversation
>enough times.  We need to go deeper.
>
>Julie
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

"Something inside me has reached to the place where the world is breathing."
-Kabir

Toke Paludan Møller       InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
City office at  "DAYS like this" - Mejlgade 50, st., 8000 C Århus, Denmark
Ph: +45 70 20 13 35.   Mobile  +45 2616 6919   Fax: +45 8619 1135
email:  toke at interchange.dk        URL: http://www.interchange.dk
Home office at the lake - Stengaardsvej 5 A,   8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Phone +45 8684 6919