building comunities

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 21:22:39 PST 2001

Elena--

Re: your Civil Forum--when I was starting to work in organizations, I was
taught:
Begin where the client is.  Not only is this sound from a philosophical
viewpoint, but it is the only place you CAN start.

I think your instinct to do what you can, when you can, where you can, and
point in the direction of democratic practices and effectiveness is sound.
Your intention and energy have taken you a long ways, and will continue to do
so.

Joelle