About invisibility (and meditation)....

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 27 07:37:16 PST 2001

At 07:59 AM 11/26/2001 -0500, Glory wrote:

>My favourite meditation has to do with arranging the circles of chairs -
>in the main and breakout rooms.  Lift, place, adjust, bless the
>participant... Lift, place, adjust, bless the participant...  (The
>maintenance staff love us for it - even if we only help a bit....).

Right on! Glory. And to add to that, I find it very useful to arrive in The
Space early on, before anybody gets there -- and just sit in the middle in
silence. I do get some strange looks from the hotel staff -- even caused
the appearance of Security Folks. But it works for me. If I am working with
a small group of "sponsors" I ask them to join me, and they usually do.
Seems to get everybody centered, and then we move off to write signs, tear
tape, shift chairs etc. -- all of which then seems more like a "collective
walking meditation." No need to weird them out with explanations of the
esoteric aspects of Open Space unless they ask -- which they do more often
than not.

ho

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive