Very small OS

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Sun Nov 25 17:23:00 PST 2001

Hi Ros. My experience is there are special challenges to facilitate OST in
a small group - yet it has worked consistently well. Trust the process down
to the finest detail, I suggest. Have fun!

These things tend to happen: the group creates a bulletin board and
marketplace and then decides to stay together as a group and go thru the
agenda items one by one. Perhaps they cluster some items, but the agenda is
still attended to in a linear fashion.

In effect every person has agreed to combine their topics. I have noticed
that some people find that their topic does not get addressed, and in the
closing circle they are disappointed; it can be a bit intimidating to be
the only person to leave the group in the midst of the meeting and convene
their own topic in another breakout space.

I am not suggesting any intervention unless, during the marketplace, the
group asks you "can we combine them all and work on them together?" I might
simply reiterate what I already told them in my talk about how to deal with
conflicts among topics, in which I emphasize to be mindful about combining
sessions because it may be more valuable for two small groups to address