Creating OS comunity in one`s country

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Nov 19 14:29:21 PST 2001

Avner:

Here is my thinking based on my experience:

   * Give away whatever you can.  You may have to charge for training,
     but keep money out of the community building piece.  Whenever I
     have freely given training, I have always received opportunities
     based on the contact.  Community building works on, as you put it,
     generosity and collegial spirit.
   * Mentor people unfailingly: invite someone to work with you every
     time you do an OST meeting
   * Meet regularly in open space to talk about issues important to your
     community
   * Make food and feed people
   * Play music together
   * Find a way to stay connected using the Internet
   * Do unexpected things together.

There is nothing more fun to me than creating a community.  Have fun!

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation