Dealing with viruses

Julie Hotard julie at pinefish.com
Thu Nov 29 07:34:15 PST 2001

Hi, Folks

Here's a way to keep from getting viruses.
If you have Outlook Express e-mail, which most
virus attachments target, you can click on View,
then click on Layout, then remove the check from
the box that says "Show preview pane."
Then your messages will not automatically open
when you go to your mail box.  You will have to
double click on the message in order to open it.
So any message with an attachment, you can just
drag to your Deleted Items box without opening it.

After receiving 3 different viruses yesterday, I
think I may decide that no attachment is
important enough for me to open.  If I didn't
have good anti-virus software, I wouldn't be
able to send this message to you today; I'd
still be trying to fix the viruses.

Also, if you do have anti-virus software, update
it immediately, and perhaps every few days
afterward, as new viruses keep being invented.

Julie