Carole, Pls fix your computer

Julie Hotard julie at pinefish.com
Tue Nov 13 08:12:26 PST 2001

  Again, To Carole, and anyone else who could use the info

  A virus can cause your computer to automatically send a
  copy of itself (the virus) to everyone in your address book
  (including OS List of course), without your knowing it is doing that.
  So if people say they are getting a virus from your address
  (Carole, we keep getting a virus from your address)
  then go to:

  http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.removal.tool.html

  if it is the Sircam Worm that we received at OS List.  If you don't know for sure what virus it is, then go to the main symantec.com web site and try to find the info for whatever virus it is that infected your computer, so that you can fix the problem.

  Winston on our List also reported that he found helpful info at this
  site:

  go to nai.com and look for "w32/sircam(at sign)mm"

  If you have had a virus, do NOT open any attachments, EVEN from someone
  you know, until and unless you buy some anti-vrius software.  If you can't
  afford anti-virus software, and you have MSFT Outlook Express e-mail, then
  cancel it and get another e-mail.  Many e-mail programs are free.

  Some types of computers or software will pick up a particular virus and others will not.  Symantec often has info about this.  Most viruses seem to target the Outlook Express e-mail.
  I have Norton's anti-virus softwareand find it quite good.  www.symantec.com

  Best Regards,

  Julie