Who is the Client?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Tue May 1 14:16:54 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/1/01 5:35:04 AM, owenhh at mindspring.com writes:

<< Actually I really like "numbers guys" along with engineers and other
practical sorts. they understand (or at least the best of them) about
getting on with the business -- which definitely appeals to my pragmatic
nature. >>

Many of my clients, over the years, have been engineers and manufacturing
people, and I enjoy working with them for just the reasons you mention.  I
also find that they may be skeptical at first, but if they see something work
they are solid supporters.  In the case I mentioned, one of the principals
was a "numbers guy,"  retired naval officer, very uneasy that OS would not
have enough command and control to suit him.  An hour or so into the event he
looked around, saw what was happening, and was truly won over.  That is
always a little piece of magic.

Joelle