A Thank you Note...

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu May 31 09:17:03 PDT 2001

Harrison Owen
Potomac, Maryland

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

         A little over a year ago, I sent out a note to most of you which
many took as an announcement of my retirement. Well, if this is
"retirement" -- I would hate to think what not being retired would be like.
Thanks to many good people around the world, I and my wife have had the
incredible opportunity to explore the expanding Open Space environment. It
is truly amazing! Using the publication of my latest, and possibly last
book as an excuse, our travels took us from Frederickton New Brunswick
(Canada) to Singapore, with way stops in Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco,
Seattle, Columbus, Toronto, Amsterdam, Vienna, Stockholm, Berlin, London,
Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Wellington... I feel a little bit
like Johnny Appleseed fifteen years after the fact. A few seeds dropped
here and there have turned into a global orchard. Or something like that.
         To those of you who made this global odyssey possible -- Many
Thanks! And to all those we met along the way, here's hoping we will met
again soon. Seems like opening space for people to find their future has
become a way of life for many, and I for one take great satisfaction in
this openness. I hope you will as well.
         Under the heading of meeting again, i invite you to consider
joining friends and colleagues from around the world at the annual Open
Space on Open Space (OSONOS) which takes place this year in Vancouver,
British Columbia, Canada. No speeches for sure, but plenty of opportunity
to share stories and go deeper in the common Open Space experience. The
dates are August 19-21, and you may receive all the pertinent information
from our host and hostess, Chris Corrigan <corcom at interchange.ubc.ca> and
Laurel Doersam,  <Laurel.Doersam at caphealth.org>.
         Another opportunity for meeting will be at one of the special
training programs that I and some colleagues will be offering around the
world, beginning in September in Denver, and continuing in San Francisco
(October), Germany (November), and Vancouver BC (December. For all the
details, check out our website www.openspaceworld.com .

Please take care of yourself -- and I look forward to meeting up face to
face whenever and wherever.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive