report forms

Todd Saddler Laurietodd at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 10:13:11 PST 2001

Elena,

I am relatively inexperienced at Open Space, but here's what I think:

During the explanation of the Open Space procedure at the beginning, explain
WHY notes need to be taken:
1) To help the people in each group will remember what they learned and
decided
2) To communicate who is interested in the topic, the key ideas and the
decisions with others who will read the notes.

The form for notes.

Everybody agrees that the TOPIC, CONVENERS NAME (the person who posted the
topic), and PARTICIPANTS' NAMES should go in the notes.  THere seem to be
diferent ideas on the 4th part.

In keeping with the spirit of OPen Space, I would propose, that the people in
the group choose what they think needs to be written, in order to accomplish
the purpose of taking notes.  After all, that is what they are going to do
anyway.  In some groups the most important thing will be what was learned, in
others the focus is on actions planned, and in others the most important
thing is who to contact.

There can be a sentence suggesting a few different things they might consider
writing, like a brief summary of the most important ideas, things that will
be done, and who will do them or who will coordinate them, upcoming events
related to the topic, books or articles related to the topic, people to
contact about the subject.

So the form would look like this:

TOPIC ____________

CONVENER _____________

THINGS TO REMEMBER AND SHARE, such as brief summary of the most important
ideas, things that will be done, and who will do them or who will coordinate
them, upcoming events related to the topic, books or articles related to the
topic, people to contact about the subject.

_________________________ (fill the rest of the page with lines)

I wish you well with your activities.  Open Space to me is more democratic
than democracy.  In a democracy, you get to vote every few years, and
complain the rest of the time.  In Open Space you get to act.

Todd Saddler