Story Telling with large groups

Thomas Herrmann thomas.herrmann at telia.com
Sun Mar 11 15:05:49 PST 2001

I would like to put the question out again. Has anyone any thoughts on
working with storytelling with large groups? For OST I´m confident that the
limit is far but I´m not that sure when it comes to storytelling.
This coming friday I will meet another management team for a school which is
facing great challenges. There are 180 employees. I do believe in the
importance of getting the stories out before an OST-meeting but do you have
any experiences/suggestions apart from the lessons learned in recent
postings? I guess it is pretty natural that the larger the group the harder
it is for persons to have courage to step forward to tell their stories. In
"the book" I read about making interviews to catch the stories of an
organization. That might be an alternative but I wonder how the stories
could be presented to the staff prior to the OST-meeting.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Thomas Herrmann      Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka
Email: thomas.herrmann at telia.com
Member/director of BNI Palace Chapter (www.bni.nu)
Jag kan tillhandahålla professionella affärskontakter: Revisor, Reklam,
Tryckeri, Organisationskonsult, Resebyrå, Konferensarrangör, Marknadsföring,
Försäkringsbolag, Utbildningsmäklare, Telekommunikation, Profilkläder,
Fastighetsmäklare, Advokat, Naprapat, Rekrytering, Florist, Film & Video,
Bokföring, Hemservice.