What have we learned about Facilitation?

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 10 06:08:30 PST 2001

A terrible thing has been happening to me. Despite my best efforts and
strong resolutions, the thought of writing yet another book keeps bouncing
into consciousness. I don't have a great deal to go on at the present save
for a working title which is, Witness to the Moment: Conversations about
Life, Leadership, and Facilitation.

The thought is to take the Open Space experience (mine and whoever cares to
share) as a base, and then see what we may have learned about all three
(Life, Leadership, and Facilitation). Speaking personally, I think we have
learned a lot, much of which is not what we expected, or even might prefer.
But there it is, or so I think.

If you care to join me in this little adventure, I invite you to come over
to www.tmn.com/new into the OpenSpace conference. I will post an item which
will provide space for our undertaking. Since the book, at this point is
pure vapor-ware, I can't promise a thing. But to the extent that some
degree of reality sets in, and a book actually emerges, I do promise to
appropriately attribute any and all contributions.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA