Any suggestions for "When Nonviolence Failed"?

Judi Richardson Richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Thu Mar 1 10:10:39 PST 2001

In response to your research, I understand how much we can learn from failure and applaud your research.  However, language is a powerful tool.  "When nonviolence failed" does not reflect the great hope of society ― a hope that does not want to erase history, just to find a new way to write it.  I believe in the movement of peace initiatives, especially working with school age children as peer mediators.

"You ought to believe something in life, believe that thing so ferverently that you will stand up with it till the end of your days.... We have a power, a power as old as the insights of Jesus of Nazareth and as modern as the technique of Mahatma Gandhi."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Good luck with your research.

Judith L. Richardson
B.A. B.Ed. CNE
M.A. Candidate