Reflections on a challenging OST event (long)

Elwin and Joan elwinandjoan at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 18:52:21 PDT 2001

Dear Lisa-

I think your discomfort was the product of doing MORE
not LESS on Day TWO, i.e.,

1)  "I opened with some time for storytelling..."

2)  "I asked them to think of something they
accomplished in their personal lives..."

3) "And I reminded them that all these things were
hugely challenging, but each was accomplished with
time and a lot of little bitty steps.  Teeny ones. You
know -- anything is possible with passion and personal
responsibility."

4) "Then I opened the circle and people started
posting agenda items.  And that is when things went
very strangely.

Did you open the circle twice?  Day 1 and again Day 2?
If so, why? I would expect Day 2 to start with the
"Morning News" and then let them re-visit the market
place and "get to it".

Less is always More!

Elwin Guild
Future Development International