FW: Update on OSonOS IX Vancouver BC

Doersam, Laurel Laurel.Doersam at caphealth.org
Tue Jun 19 13:33:15 PDT 2001

 Thanks for your inquiry, Richard.  The sliding scale was set up in order to
assist those folks who would have otherwise have been unable to attend.  The
low end of the scale is actually below the cost of attendance, while the
high end is a little more.  This way, hopefully, those who are able to pay
the full amount will augment those who are unable to do so.  Even the full
fee is an incredible bargain for a 3-day conference that provides lunch,
snacks and refreshments (in a magical setting)!  The intention is that the
conference itself ends up by neither losing nor making any money.  If, at
the end of the day, we have a surplus, either Chris or myself will post it
as a topic at the OSonOS to allow the OS community to decide what ought to
be done with the surplus funds and how whatever is to be done will be
administered.  Hope that clears things up for the community!

Laurel.

Chris, I am about to register for the conference. What does sliding scale
mean for fees? Do I choose what I am able to pay or are there guidelines for
what I could pay?

Richard.