AW: Opening to Open Space Conference

Jürg Wenger juerg.wenger at spectraweb.ch
Thu Jul 19 06:41:00 PDT 2001

thank you very much. Have a good time

Jürg

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:53:33 -0500
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Michael Herman <mherman at globalchicago.net>
Subject: Re: Opening to Open Space Conference

hi juerg,

the user's guide is definitely the place to start.  my notes from that and
some of my own experiences is posted online, as sample opening script and
preparation checklist, as part of my 'invitation resources' collection. here
are the links:

main invitation resources page:
http://www.globalchicago.net/invitations/index.html
sample opening script:  http://www.globalchicago.net/invitations/22script.html

prreparations checklist:
http://www.globalchicago.net/invitations/21checklist.html

best of luck, michael

Koos de Heer wrote:

> Hi Juerg,
>
> Did you try the handbook by Harrison Owen: "Open Space Technology, a Users
> Guide" (second edition, Berett-Koehler 1997)? It outlines the opening in
> great detail and explains the importance of the different parts.
>
> As a side note: I am not sure what your plan is with this opening text, but
> I would not read it all from paper. The (eye-)contact with the group is
> important. And it is important to make it your own, to speak from your
> heart in stead of from a piece of paper.
>
> Hope this helps. And thanks for the invitation - in fact, I was planning to
> go to Switzerland tomorrow but I had to postpone it. Maybe next time...
>
> Best wishes and good luck with your project,
> Koos
>
> At 08:26 19-7-2001 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hello OS People
> >
> >Has someone from you a fully outlined english Opening to an OS conference.
> >I'm very interested in. Please foreward it to
> >
> >Juerg Wenger
> >in Switzerland
> >
> >juerg.wenger at spectraweb.ch
> >
> >thanks a lot and have a good time. Or at any time see you in Switzerland
> >
> >Juerg
>
> Koos de Heer
> Auryn management advies BV
> Utrecht, the Netherlands