Theme for OT20

Koos de Heer koosdhr at auryn.nl
Sun Jul 15 11:01:49 PDT 2001

Dear All,

Among us who were at OT19 (which was really good, I had a great time and I
think others did too, if you are sorry you were not there I must tell you:
you are right!), a discussion of the theme for OT20 in 2002 has sprung up.
Because there may be those among you who were not there this time, but do
want to be there next time (again: you are right!) and also for those who
do not want to be there next time but still want to help us find a great
theme (nothing against that), I now send this message to the list, and I
propose to continue the discussion here so we can include the undoubtedly
splendid ideas of all of you.

About next time: it will be from July 1-5 on the shores of Lake Superior in
Minnesota. Watch this space for more info from either John Adams or Roger
Cooper or maybe even from someone else.

Here's the thing about the theme:

At 18:20 11-7-2001 -0700, John Adams wrote:

>Tentative theme for 20-02: "Cultivating Conscious Competence"  Whadayathink?

And then I wrote:

Well, because of the many occurrences of the number 2 in this OT, I would
like to do something with the theme of "duality". The us-and-them,
black-or-white, good-or-bad, male-or-female, win-or-lose type of thing that
stands in the way of true diversity and creativity. Duality as a last
frantic try of Ego to hang on to some kind of simple order and prevent
chaos from happening. On the other hand, duality can be a way of making
things clear, and it can be a great way to play. So how about Dancing with
Duality? Or is that too positive and should we say Death to Duality? Or
something in between, there must be language lovers among us who can come
up with a better one...

There were other postings too, but I will not repeat them all. The most
recent one was also by me, replying to one of Ralph:

At 13:28 15-7-2001 -0400, Ralph Copleman wrote:

>Well, how about...?
>
>The Dance of Transformation

I like that one for the sound of it and it also tickles my curiosity if
used for a symposium, but the duality is gone and I would like that to be
in it.

>Or
>
>The Duality of Transformation

That sounds almost as if duality is something to go for, and I think it is
not. Duality-thinking is often in the way of transformation.

>Or
>
>Dancing in Stillness

Hm.... this morning, as I did my morning dance, it felt more like Dancing
in Stiffness... (sorry, couldn't resist ;-)
The sound of this one is nice, but I don't think it would attract me to a
symposium like OT.

But let's keep going, something really good is cooking out there (or in
there) somewhere.

I will copy this message to the OSLIST with a short introduction. My
proposal would be to carry on the discussion there. Seems more appropriate
as there will be people there who may want to attend who were not there
this time.

Best wishes,

Koos de Heer
Auryn management advies BV