Leadership and Vision (was: Productive Chaos)

Chris Weaver chris at springbranch.net
Thu Jan 11 17:01:52 PST 2001

Christoph,

I believe that you are right about our different shaping experiences.  And
indeed in my present work, the organizations that are finding me, and which
I am finding, are not in "industry large and stiff" - they are "alternative"
organizations which are ripe for this work without the need to release what
I see as lots of calcified innappropriate structure.  I have tried to make
forays into large educational bureaucracies, with very limited success...in
terms of Ichak Adizes' corporate lifecycles, these American educational
systems are operating on artificial life support!  I find the questions you
ask to be profound and critically important ones, and if I ever achieve a
contract with a business of the ilk you have worked with and are working
with, you may expect my inquiries seeking advice.  For indeed, what would
motivate such a leader to take such a risk?  Certainly he/she would need a
high level of trust in an accomplished coach in a supportive relationship
over time...?

Again, many thanks.
Chris