OS/Playback Theatre/Advice

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 11:16:58 PST 2001

Chris--

Here is my first take on your question of whether to start with OST or with
Playback Theatre structures.  It's an intuitive, not a rational response, and
I am somewhat familiar with the Playback Theatre concept but have not seen it
in action.

Part of the power of OST is that although it is longtime human behavior, the
form and structure often come as a surprise to the group, and making simple
behavioral changes in a conscious way can create dramatic differences.  So I
think I would begin as any Open Space conference, perhaps making clear that
sessions can take the form of theater as well as conversation.

I want to know what happens with this--it sounds like a fascinating and
educational project.

Joelle Everett