Seeking support for OS in the SF Bay area

Susan Partnow susan4ps at HOME.COM
Wed Jan 31 15:57:29 PST 2001

I am helping a group plan their regional conference -- to be in San
Francisco June 29-July 1.  Only one person on the planning committee has
ever experienced Open Space and, as you can imagine, there is a lot of
resistance and pushing to 'control' and organize the agenda, leaving just
little bits of time here and there for open space.  I have not yet foud the
way to help them feel reassured that ALL of the important issues and needs
WILL be dealt with in Open Space.  (They want to carve outand reserve a
morning for "charter and structure" and another time for "global issues"
etc.)  I was wondering if any of you know of any OS sessions that might be
going on in the next weeks that some of these individuals could attend or
participate in to help them experience=understand, trust, appreciate the
process...  Please let me know --especially if you know of any community
type OS events.  It is hard for me to work this through with the committee
since I am in Seattle!  (They meet in San Francisco)

This group has a very exciting and daunting mission:  the Global Peoples
Assembly is forming all over the planet -- we have an opportunity to find
the way to create a parliamentary type body that would function in parallel
to the UN --at first informally, i.e. without legal mandate, but with great
support and attention.  There is intense interest and desire for this
including at very high levels within the UN -- people are so frustrated
with the current situation.  And the voices of people have been rising up
since Seattle's WTO protests... This Assembly is what we can all say YES
to -- a direct, grassroots voice of the people.  Perhaps some you would
like to get involved!  We need all the help-capacity-energy-vision we can
muster!  (This is needless to say all pro bono of course).  You can contact
me and/or check out the just developing web site:  www.ourvoices.org

Thanks for any help,
Susan

Susan Partnow, Partnow Communications