better ways?

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Thu Jan 18 00:16:06 PST 2001

Oh Chris, thank you for writing this. No, there are not better ways to make
a living! How is your visage this morning?

>From how it sounds/reads to me, you did fine. You did have an off day, yet
I notice people did what they needed to do despite what was going on inside
you.

I surmise that the part of each of us which is Being is holding the space
for the other parts. So we can have an off day and yet part of us is always
there, holding the space so that the OS technology works.

Still, to help reduce these off days, the reminder to myself is to read
thru the opening script, once again, before each time. I've said those
words so many times they are second nature, but, every so often I forget.

I once had 380 people at the wall, mulling & signing up for posted
sessions, when I realized I'd forgotten to talk about what to do in case of
conflicts among sessions.

I took a mike and got everyone's attention, but by that time so many had
signed up for sessions where they were originally placed that no one wanted
to make changes. And thus the sessions were not optimally distributed
throughout the day, according to lots of feedback I received later.

A tragedy? No. A missed opportunity? Sure.

It's more valuable than I can say, to read such stories of real life with
OST. Thank you again.

Jeff

-
Jeff Aitken
Inverness Ridge, CA USA
415.669.1924
ja at svn.net
www.openspaceworld.com

"We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single
garment of destiny." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2.  Sign in and Proceed

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 01:23:01 -0800
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Chris Corrigan <corcom at interchange.ubc.ca>
Subject: Re: better ways?

You're welsome jeff, and thanks for the good words.

I'm good today, nothing a good night's sleep and some reflection on the
learning can't take care of.  Filled my bucket full of confidence did
yesterday's events.  When it happens again, I'll be cool.

Cheers,

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN