third principle

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Sun Jan 14 10:52:59 PST 2001

Rachel wrote:

"What it
says to me is that whatever happens is the only thing that could have and
that I, or we as the case may be, made the choices and decisions that led us
to what happened.  And that the choices we are going to make are going to
lead to future actions."

Thanks Rachel (and thanks for your story!) I agree.

As I introduce this principle to a group, I say two things:

At the end of the event, you will find that the quality of your learning
and contributing was based on the choices that you made; and,

If there is anything you care about that does not get raised for
conversation and captured in the proceedings, the person responsible for
that is (to use Harrison's words) sitting in your seat.

Jeff

-
Jeff Aitken
Inverness Ridge, CA USA