An Open School (Escola da Ponte)

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sat Jan 13 08:10:28 PST 2001

Dear all:

I recently discovered an elementar scholl in Portugal that works in full
"Open Space", for a great number of years now. They have a not very
good portuguese only site at http://www.iec.uminho.pt/nonio

But the Portuguese gouvernment - that allows for that marvelous
experience to be almost unknow in Portugal - decided
to "use them" for "show off" at the Hannover exposition. The site below
is marketing oriented and doesn't give a clear idea of how
marvelous the experience is. But those of you interested canfound there
an e-mail contact

Regards

Artur

---------------

http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htm

It's helping the children understand the world, and to develop themselves as
   people, way beyond the school life "

Upgraded on 25th. the of May 2000 (The page)

<http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htmindex.htm>Versão
Portuguesa

  <http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htmporque/porqueng.htm>The
Reason

<http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htmlocalidade/localideng.htm>The
School

<http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htmprojecto/projecteng.htm>The
Project

<http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htmcultura/cultureng.htm>The
Culture

<http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htmeducacao/educeng.htm>The
Education

<http://www.atelier.hannover2000.mct.pt/~pr089/indexeng.htmpartilha/parteng.htm>The
Sharing

1- If we translate the name of our school to english, the name is Bridge
School. The name of the Educational Project is then "To make the Bridge"