Concerns and Tactics

J. Paul Everett JPESeeker at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 18:14:49 PST 2001

In a message dated 12/24/01 6:32:31 AM, zken at cwo.com writes:

<< In Aikido you neither die for peace nor allow the other to dominate.  Your

violence does not motivate a similar or a passive response from me.  I

understand that you see violence as your only action, I restrain you gently

and firmly until you can perceive another course of action. >>

Dear Ken,

Certainly a "best" or "preferred" way, in theory.  How, specifically, would
the USA be acting at this time under the scenario of "restraining you gently
and firmly until you can perceive another course of action", re: Mr. Osama
bin Laden, et. al.

Not to mention Saddam Hussein?  Or, maybe Kosovo, or Northern Ireland?  Or,
Isreal/Palestine?

This is not a set-up question.  I understand a bit about Akido and it's
philosophy.  I find it quite admirable.  It seems useful one-to-one where I
can employ it's methods and principles (which are also spiritual, imho) on a
more-or-less direct basis.  I'm not sure about nation to nation (or terrorist
group, etc.) so am curious if you have something specific in mind with
respect to the current reality--our having been attacked by a terrorist group
(or disaffected group, or group with a different mission, or whatever words
might be useful to use)?

Paul Everett