Unsuscribe

Winston Kinch kinch at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 9 16:04:29 PST 2001

I'm with you Robert.
winston
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert.Chaffe at NRE.VIC.GOV.AU
  To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
  Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 7:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Unsuscribe

  I have just received Bill's note that he wishes to leave the list because of
  viruses.

  THERE IS NO NEED LEAVE.  To date the only way to allow a virus in is by opening
  an attachment - just reading you mail will not allow the virus in.

  Viruses are part of our world we cannot lock ourselves away from them without
  loosing touch with the real world.  Their existence is not the issue, what we do
  about this treat to our ability to communicate is.

  Our oraginsation lost Millions of dollars as its entire system was shut down,
  due to someone opening an attachment to an email message and letting the last
  batch of viruses in.

  If each of us takes the responsibility of making sure:
     that there are NO attachments to our emails to "OSLIST",
     that we have a current virus checker and
     take the personal responsibility to keep the system clean we will take
     control and not allow others to close us down.

  Using a computer in the 21st century is not about the fastest or the most
  expensive hardware and software it is about how we use what we have.  One of the
  prices we now have to pay is the virus checking software.

  Lets keep the system open, lets us make a personal commitment to "OSLIST" as a
  virus free zone.

  Regards
  Rob