first OST Training in Israel - a report (long)

Chris Weaver chris at springbranch.net
Wed Dec 5 08:20:05 PST 2001

Thank you Tova for sharing your experience and your learnings.  I learned a
lot from reading your report (including that there is a "Finnish village" in
Jerusalem!)

I remember Harrison one time commenting on the experience of "visitors" who
"observe" an OST.  They often react by saying, "Is that all there is?"

>From your report I reflect about the high expectations people had about what
OST would do.  OST is a magical container, but it is the passion people
bring for what matters to them that makes the magic.  It sounds as though
you had a challenging group for this training - interested and curious, but
perhaps not unified by passion about one theme, opportunity, or
organization?  Part of the peculiar challenge of OST trainings, I think.

Congratulations on your important event.  I admire the courage required each
step of the way and I trust that your work will bear much fruit.

Chris Weaver
Swannanoa, North Carolina, USA