Heartfelt thanks

Elsie Doersam e.doersam at telus.net
Fri Dec 21 12:58:45 PST 2001

To all our beautiful friends in the worldwide Open Space Community:

Words simply can't express how much your support and love has meant to us over the past three months.  We have felt enveloped by light and love, wrapped in the warmth of your messages of hope and healing.

We're doing just fine.  I'm half-way through the chemo and my tumour markers are well into normal.  The drugs that accompany the chemo really stimulate the appetite (not that I've EVER had any trouble in that area) - but that, coupled with a much lower activity level, have caused both of us to pack on a few pounds! (Rick is doing "sympathy chemo" - he's being supportive by gaining the weight and hanging out with me, not taking the drugs:))

I'm at my Mum's house (a few hours away), so have access to a computer for the first time since my surgery.  I'll only be here until tomorrow morning, at which time I'll log Mum off the listserve.  I just needed to jump on and take this opportunity to wish you all a very wonderful and festive holiday season.

With much love,

Laurel and Rick