OST and metanoia

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Mon Dec 3 15:03:38 PST 2001

At 03:25 26-11-2001, Fr Brian S Bainbridge wrote:

>Artur, some of the thinking that is in my mind.
>It may not be connected at all, but I do observe that the great number of Open
>Space events in this country, and perhaps elsewhere, occur in the services
>industry sector of the community.  Very few Open Space events seem to
>happen in
>business and strictly-for-profit or manufacturing organisations, I
>suspect.  That
>may or may not impinge on the aspects of metanoia that you are working with in
>terms of where such changes can and do occur.

Thank you very much for your comments, dear Brian.

Indeed, when I came to the conclusion that for an ordinary organization to
become a leaning organization a profound paradigm shift or metanoia
would be needed I was mainly thinking about companies and organizations
of the public sector (like universities - mainly public in continental
Europe -
or services of the central administration). I was not thinking at all in
NGO's or social service organizations. Thank you for calling my attention
for the differences between those sectors.

Warm regards

Artur

>From  Tue Dec  4 01:15:09 2001
please, would someone of you explain to me about the meaning of "metanoia"
florian