Central Asia

kenoli Oleari kenoli at igc.org
Tue Aug 28 09:34:38 PDT 2001

Birgitt --

Well the one truth we can rely on is the truth of our own experience,
and often the most direct way to uncover this is to be connected with
our feelings.  Otherwise, there is the data that we have access to,
in the context of client organizations, this would encompass the
"givens" in the  sense that you use them in reference to Open space.

To stay in touch with our truth, it means we must do our own work
around being able to show up and be present.  If we haven't done this
-- as Kathie Dannemiller once pointed out to me -- we can't really be
good consultants to our clients because we will need to be consulting
to our own needs.

I think if we show up, openly and honestly, with all we know and all
we are, we have good chance of engaging in a truthful manner.  I
think absolute and relative truths are things that come up when we
try to deal with experience from an abstract perspective.  I think
they are the children of academics and theologians, attempts to
create and "objective" reality.

Kenoli