Central Asia

Eiwor Backelund eiwor.backelund at centerpartiet.se
Mon Aug 27 12:44:42 PDT 2001

Hallo Kenoli,
I have not been working with such large international groupings as you do
but there is one thing in your question that reminds me of the first steps
in OS facilitation, to believe in the people. When you ask them to look
around and see that all people have the competence and knowledge needed,
why don´t do that now as well. Tell them the truth, what they can expect
from the sponsors and ask them how they can solve the problems, how they
think they can go on without any help from outside. I think they have the
answers. And if they, like many people in many countries are used to being
turned down and left after what has been a nice conference but with no
intention from the leaders to go further with it, then they must have the
truth so they can move on by their own power.
If this is really important to them then nothing can stop them from going
on with what they need to do.
Eiwor  Backelund

Project Manager
the Swedish National Federation of Study Associations