OST for a local Catholic diocese

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 21:43:19 PDT 2001

Lisa--

As you say, the situation is ideal for Open Space, and if the clients are not
accepting of that idea, I would still let Open Space inform my thinking about
whatever design is chosen.

In Seattle, Open Space was used for one day of the District Annual
Conference.  It was a conference with a lot of painful issues, with two
churches challenging the denomination's refusal to allow openly homosexual
pastors to continue in their work.  I was not able to participate, but the
report I heard was that it worked very well and de-fused a lot of the
tension--those who were upset and wanted to vent had space to do that, those
who wanted to work on solutions were able to work on that, and the general
feeling was that good work had been done.

Don't have any schedule ideas off the top of my head, but I will let your
questions incubate.  Good luck on what should be a very worthwhile project!

Joelle