Central Asia

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Aug 26 02:30:10 PDT 2001

Hi Jo,
exciting developments which show again the transnational,
transcultural applicability of open space-technology.
If you carry on like this the OSonOS 11 will be held in central asia
in 2003!
hugs
michael

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:41:15 +0200, Jo Toepfer wrote:

>Dear friends,
>
>I'm working at the moment on a short-term conHtract for the International
>Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Central Asia
>(Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgystan), helping
>the Central Asian Red Crescent Societies to overcome the difficulties they
>face in the changing environment since independence from the Soviet Union.
>Open space provides excellent opportunities for that! So, in each country I
>facilitate a one-day open space meeting in Russian with 30-35 people: staff
>members, external partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders. The
>design is simple:
>09:30 opening
>11:00 1. Group
>12:00 2. Group
>13:00 3. Group
>15:00 planning next steps
>17:00 closing circle
>17:30 end
>
>I have done it already in Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and it worked! In
>Tajikistan 16 issues were posted and I got 11 reports in, in Uzbekistan 23
>issues were posted and 17 reports were produced. Due to the lack of a copy
>machine, computers and sometimes electricity I arrived at a very low-tech
>design. Thanks god that Post-its are available! I do not produce the book
>of proceedings in the meeting it will be done after and the planning next
>step sequence is as simple as this (I picked up some ideas from Michael M
>Pannwitz - thanx Michael!):
>I put all reports on the wall and reading the proceedings is held as a
>visit to this gallery. Than I put a blank A3 paper near to each report,
>which carries the headline: "open questions and further recommendations".
>People visit the paper and put in their additional ideas. Than I put up a
>next A3 paper with two headlines: "Who is doing What, When and with Whom
>and which resources are needed". Participants visit the wall again and
>discussing these questions the agreements on the paper. The participants In
>Tajikistan agreed something about next steps nearly on all 11 issues - only
>on one issue the next steps paper remained blank. In Uzbekistan I got three
>blank papers by the end of the planning sequence. On Wednesday this week I
>have to facilitate the open space meeting here in Turkmenistan. Does
>anybody heard about an open space technology meeting in Turkmenistan or is
>this the first?
>
>Greeting from Ashgabad
>Jo Toepfer
>

>--
>Jo Toepfer
>Tel: +49-30-42018000
>Fax: +49-30-69088159
>http://www.joconsult.de/
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK