Fwd: Re: The OS Marriage now going one in Berlin

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sun Aug 19 01:42:56 PDT 2001

Dear oslist,
Paul Everett sent a personal note to Bettina and Ali to their open
space wedding. My response was, oh, this should be shared as
expressed in the PS below.

         PS: I would like to share your letter with the os community,
may I? >>
 Well, read on for his reply.
Greetings from Berlin
michael

Dear Michael,

Thank you for passing that on to Bettina and Ali.  I appreciate it.
I also
appreciate your wishing to share it with the OS list.  When I wrote
it, I had
the couple specifically in mind and that was the spirit/heart energy
that was
around it.  My first thought was "No", because of that focus.
However, I
would be happy for you to send the following to the OS List.

Sincerely,

Paul

Dear Friends,

The heart-warming piece about the OS marriage ceremony prompts me to
write
about some information that has been significantly helpful to me.  I
pass it
on with all good wishes for committed couples working to make a good
life
together.  Joelle and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding
anniversary
August 26th.  As in almost any long-term relationship, some years
were
turbulent and were weathered because we were committed to seeing our
promises
through.

Marriage is not an easy path.  It's really an alchemical process for
personal
transformation and can fail fairly easily unless the participants
become
conscious, in all aspects of that word.  A couple of books have
helped to
raise my consciousness.

The first small book is by a Swiss Jungian analyst---Adolph
Guggenbuhl-Craig--- entitled "Marriage: Dead or Alive".  It's hard to
find
because it has been out of print for a while but used copies exist on

Amazon.com.  I understand from reliable sources that another
printing, with
additional material, is emerging sometime this year or early next.

The second (also small) is "The Invisible Partners" by John Sanford.
He is
an Episcopal priest and Jungian analyst; also, the son of Agnes
Sanford, an
extremely conscious woman, healer, of the early and middle 1900's.
Her
achievements were simply incredible.  He has also written other
books, one I
particularly found valuable called "Dreams, God's Forgotten
Language", in
helping with dreamwork.

The "Invisible" book is the best explanation I have ever encountered
of the
role of the anima (the man's feminine aspect) and animus (the woman's

masculine aspect) as active elements of the psyches of the two
visible
partners in a marriage.  It contains much to be learned and used.
So, with
all good wishes for a successful and transformational life's journey
together, I pass along this information for those in a committed
relationship.

Yours truly,

Paul Everett

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK