(RESPONSE): Inquiry Regarding Collective Buddha "Story of a recent 2.5 day OST"

Richard Holloway learnshops at rciti.com
Mon Aug 27 11:41:40 PDT 2001

there are a number of recurring themes that are consistent with the thoughts
shared by both of you.  Certainly the idea of Gaia consciousness, proposed
by several leading thinkers, including Gregory Bateson, is one.  Another,
Meme theory (info at http://www.memes.org.uk/meme-lab/WELCOME.HTM  ) offers
an explanation that some find useful and interesting.  If "Open Space" (as a
practice and philosophy) can be transmitted from person to person as a virus
of the mind, replicating both practice and philosophy through the minds it
infects, then it could be considered a "meme."  That would infer that you,
Harrison, may share something in common with Typhoid Mary.  (-;  However,
the virus you so widely spread can certainly be considered beneficial rather
than destructive.

peace be with you,

Richard C. Holloway, M.A.O.L.
P. O. Box 14