Open Space and Leadership in German and Spanish

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Fri Apr 27 03:58:58 PDT 2001

Dear Harrison,
I am one of those that care about open space spreading in the
German-speaking realms. And I am not pleased with the word by word
translation of the User's Guide that was done by Klett-Kotta. In
fact, I consider it a barrier to open space spreading. At the same
time I know that nothing, not even a horrid translation, can stop
open space. It has been here and everywhere else in the world all
along.
And, as you once said, there is always the original to enjoy. Or the
German websites that practitioners are maintaining here.
Any of you who would like to have the review I wrote in German, drop
me a note and you will get it.
Last, a piece of advice from my colleague John Webb that I also
embrace: only those publishers and translators that have been in open
space get a license to translate and distribute the User's Guide.
Hugs
michael

--Original Message Text---
From: Harrison Owen
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:48:36 -0400

For anybody who cares, I am pleased to announce that Klett-Cotta has
just published German Translations of "Open Space Technology: A
User's Guide" and also "Expanding Our Now." Oxford University Press
has just  published a Spanish version of "The Spirit of Leadership."
Since my German is very rusty and Spanish non-existent I can't tell
you a thing about them. but maybe somebody else can.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA
phone 301-469-9269
fax 301-983-9314
Personal website www.mindspring.com/~owenhh

view the archives of oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK