Small systems large systems

Bruce Halliday bruce.halliday at garthtoombs.com
Tue Apr 17 08:50:40 PDT 2001

I am reading with excitement the many responses to this topic. I am engaged
in planning for a learning festival on the what and how of sustainability,
involving 150 to 250 Albertans. We have chosen open space as the way to
provide the opportunity to understand the science and art of sustainable
living whether for:
-manufacturing and production businesses
-products and services
-family and home life or
-community

Our wish is to co-create an atmosphere where divergent issues may come
together to gain multiple appreciations of the concurrent risks and rewards
of sustainability.

Appreciative Inquiry is attractive to us as the way to initiate the
dialogue.

The event will include a gathering of pioneering Alberta businesses and
communities that have stories to tell, and sustainable futures to design.

This conference is being delivered by the Society for Sustainable Futures by
Design, a not-for-profit group committed to sustainable and profitable
futures.

We are currently considering what space to book- options, size, etc. Your
thoughts on space, or any other questions or additional information
welcomed.

Thank you for your time and cosnsideration.

Best regards,  Bruce Halliday
Bruce Halliday    403-777-2364
bruce.halliday at garthtoombs.com
#1000 - 500 - 4 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB  T2P 2V6
Senior Consultant
Garth Toombs & Associates Inc., Alberta
Principal
B. Halliday Consulting Inc.
"connecting as human beings first to co-create preferred futures"