5 hour OS

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 23:42:49 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/9/01 9:36:48 AM, 76066.515 at compuserve.com writes:

<< Lunch can be done as a box lunch with no silverware, but there are tables

where they want us to eat lunch. I think it might be a good reak to go to

another room for one session, have it over lunch, then back for a final

session. Does that make sense?

At one Open Space which I facilitated, box lunches were delivered to a foyer
area, with the thought that people would take there lunches back to their
session.  As it turned out, groups came out from their sessions, sat down
around the tables, and continued their conversations without hardly missing a
beat.  Other groups and individuals nearby heard and joined in the
conversations, which were very lively, so people had a good chance to hear
what was going on in other sessions and hitchhike on other ideas.  As they
finished their lunches, people drifted off for a short break, then returned
to the main room for the next session.

Very much self-organizing, and I felt it was a positive addition to the day
rather than a distraction. So I think your plan makes a lot of sense.  By the
way, this OS resulted in very quick implementation of several new programs,
so it seems that something worked!

Joelle Everett
813 E Leeds Drive
Shelton, WA 98584