5 Hour OS

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Mon Apr 9 12:23:44 PDT 2001

Now, whow, how do you like this for German precision!
Congratulations, Jo.
I like the part with the gallery you organized.
But come to think of it, I would really have expected you to produce
that report between 5pm and 5:05pm!!
I had the opportunity to facilitate os-events of 3hrs, 3,5hrs,4hrs,
4.5hrs.....they all work just fine when the basic conditions are met.
The most basic of all those conditions being that the facilitator
stands aside and is completely unattached to outcome.
Although I know this, even after 80+ os-processes, I am still full of
anticipation and anxiety deep within me...for some strange reason it
is not easily noticed and does not seem to interfere.
greetings from Berlin
michael

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:26:10 +0200, Jo Toepfer wrote:

>Dear :-Doug,
>
>I had an 3.5 hours open space last week in Leipzig, Germany. It was the
>annual gathering of the German fundraising community and about 40 people
>showed up. We applied the following timetable:
>
>2:00 pm sponsor's o penning speech
>2:03 pm o penning circle
>2:20 pm posting the issues
>2:45 pm market place
>3:00 pm 1st session
>3:40 pm 2nd session
>4:20 pm 3rd session
>5:00 pm deadline for reports
>5:05 pm o penning the exhibition
>5:20 pm closing circle
>
>Instead of a book of proceedings we organized a exhibition wall. The book
>was produced over night and the participants got it the day after. The
>scheme worked out perfectly. 14 issues were posted and 12 reports went in.
>These folks were highly satisfied.
>
>good luck for your event
>Jo Toepfer
>

>--
>Jo Toepfer
>Tel: +49-30-42018000
>Fax: +49-30-69088159
>http://www.joconsult.de/
>
>*
>*
>2.  Sign in and Proceed

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK