poetry-contest, ff

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Mon Apr 9 00:21:30 PDT 2001

At 10:09 PM +0200 4/5/01, Florian Fischer wrote:

>when the contest is done, i would like to know,
>what was your idea about the beginning with a and the volume of 21 words ??

Florian, I hope it is OK to answer your question now. I am standing on the
shoulders of the friends who created our previous celebrations/contests.

I loved how Ralph invited us into the fun and mystery of using all 26
letters of this alphabet in order. We embark on a creative journey that
carries us along like a rushing stream where we find hidden dangers and
delights.

I hope the letter A invites us to write a few words, which then open up
into a few more, and soon a whole experience or insight has come out. But
the limit of 21 makes us edit and use different words to shape that raw
burst of language.

This to me is one of the great joys of writing a poem. I guess my idea is
to extend an invitation to try it & share them with each other.

Jeff

-
Jeff Aitken
Inverness Ridge, CA USA