5 Hour OS

Murray Willmott mwillmo at atrax.net.au
Thu Apr 5 20:56:56 PDT 2001

Doug,

Some folk have already given you a few good suggestions re the format for
the day and I doubt I can add to that. My thoughts are about lunch. If this
is possible, we had an open space day where lunch was able to be taken from
a central serving point to anyplace else..it was a light lunch like
sandwiches but you could do it for other things such as a curry or
something similar.

The benefit was that the oepnspacers could keep on going with their
discussions or fit another one in if time is an issue, which it may well be
if you're trying to get something done in 5 hours.

Let the lunch come to the breakout rooms rather than stop for lunch.

Either way, Im sure it will be successful. Oh, and I agree with the person
who said that folks dont like space being closed by having a speaker in the
middle. I did that once and everyone went home after the speaker had
finished..the space had been closed..and when it's over, it's over.

Good luck..

Murray

>Does anybody have any suggestions for setting up the 5 hour conference,
>which also includes lunch?

>Two things to work around: so far lunch looks like it is a sit down affair
>in another room, but I'm checking to see if we can make it an eat when you
>like situation.
>
>Second, we have an afternoon speaker, mid day for about an hour.
>

>                              :-Doug.
>
>*
>*
>2.  Sign in and Proceed