cooperative advice 1

Fritz Walter walter.berlin at snafu.de
Sat Sep 23 14:24:39 PDT 2000

Hi there,
as yet I was sitting on the fence and looked into the circle. Now I want to
swing into the saddle and take my horse into the rodeo-circle.

I'm not located in the countryside and therefore my horse is a PEUGEOT
bicycle and I life and work in and around Berlin.

As an od-consultant I support change- and development-projects. I'd like to
invite you to share your experience and wisdom with the list by letting me
know, how to begin best with a substainable model/visioning process at one
of our municipal authorities with 3000 civil servants, where the management
is very bureaucratic, sometimes narrow-minded and light years behind this
topic.

Can anybody remember German's first cancellors after the 2nd world war,
Adenauer? His attidute towards "vision" was "if you have any visions, you
must be crazy, you got to go into hospital". There is still a leftover from
this attidute. For some heads of department it is still more important to be
in the right roped party than having objectives and a common vision. And
there are also young managers in the administration which like to change
this.

I wonder whether it's a good idea by starting with an 1)Open Space to invite
anybody who likes the idea of visioning to give their point of view (and
create a new visioning roped party) or 2) start with change management
training for sensitization at the top or 3) ask them to do a future search
conference first.

What is your experience with such systems?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best wishes from
Fritz Walter
-Dialoge gestalten-