Future of Open Space and OSonOS

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 12:31:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/26/00 7:34:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
nuran.yigit at uni-bielefeld.de writes:

<< I would like to invite you to carry on this discussion, because we
 couldn't "finish" it. I can't give a sum up of the group discussion of
 Sunday, because I didn't took any notes. But there were some points I
 remember which are interesting to discuss about: >>

Nuran:

I am home again in Peoria, Illinois USA after a wonder stay in Berlin.  I
just wrote to Michael Pannwitz to thank him and express my thanks for all
those who made OSonOS such a meaningful event.  I told him, my body is in
Peoria, but my heart and mind is still in Berlin.

As one who was in the discussion you are referring to, let me share a few
thoughts.  I was struck by the diverse themes and interests I saw at the
Berlin OSonOS.  You could see this in the variety of topics of the groups.
Some clearly wanted to know more about the process of OS and on how to fine
tune their skills.  Another theme, and personally what I was attracted to,
was how OS is used and whether it can make a difference on substantive issues
like love verses hate and in helping to heal all that Berlin represents.  I
glad to see that OSonOS had room for everyone.

Regarding future OSonOS events, I did support the idea of exploring the
possibility of  going to the South.  This was a discussion, you'll remember,
about how to diversify and the importance of making OS more inclusive in the
world community.  I think the fire was lit for that idea amonst the people
there.

I do want to say that it is also important to see the invitation to
Vancouver, Canada as part of the spirit of that conversation.  When Laurel
invited OSonOS to Vancouver in 2001, it was on behalf of First Nation people
of Canada and the work that she and Chris and others were doing.  I look
forward to being in Canada next year and for us to continue exploring ways to
make OSonOS a world event.  (John Engle in his comments to the LIST mentioned
that he would be bringing people from Haiti next year.  This is the spirit of
diversity and inclusion at work).

Lastly, let me just add that Nuran, something very exciting and wonderful
happened in Berlin, and you were a big reason why.  I saw it as part of the
evolution of OS as a important tool in how we touch each others lives.  I
don't just want to know that OS helps XYZ Corporation make better wigits in a
shorter timeframe.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)  I want to
hear about the stories from Haiti and what it's done to help focus on
literacy, or the stories about the people in Canada, or wherever.  OS is a
powerful tool because spirit is a powerful force.  Thank you for your passion
and your willingness to share that passion.

In Friendship,
David Koehler

2.  Sign in and Proceed