Future of Open Space and OSonOS

Nuran Yigit nuran.yigit at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Oct 26 05:18:33 PDT 2000

Merhaba and selâm dear friends all over the world!

I hope that everybody had a good and safe journey from Berlin back home.
At the OSonOS (on Sunday) a group started to discuss about the future of
open space and OSonOS. It was very interesting, because we were
collecting ideas, what could be done better or different in the future
in a very constructive way.
I would like to invite you to carry on this discussion, because we
couldn't "finish" it. I can't give a sum up of the group discussion of
Sunday, because I didn't took any notes. But there were some points I
remember which are interesting to discuss about:

- There was the question about the realization of OSonOS in general. It
is important to develop the "design" of OSonOS.

- The invitation of the OSonOS: Concrete issue? But who is going to
choose this issue?

- The planning team of the OSonOS should be international and
intergenerational (is this still an english word ?-). That means old and
young, north and south, east and west.

- The question of opening Open space world wide: What does it mean
"World wide"? Is really everybody interested in this? (I hope this is
not a provocation for some people. please understand it constructively).
What I mean is, are we aware, that passion and time sometimes let  us
snatch on things and we can't let things go their way?

- Developing together a trainig design for open space. We started
already in Berlin, Thanks Michael and Jo for sharing their ideas with
us! But we need more people to discuss with. A network of Trainers???

 I think this is enough at the moment.

With my best wishes for our discussion.
Greetings from Berlin.
                Nuran

NB: At the OSonOS in Wannsee a lot happened... it is hard to be back in
real life... because I changed, but my surrounding is still the same.
What about you?