OSonOS Online?

Metta Zetty & Gary Kimble gkmz at onr.com
Wed Oct 18 01:45:40 PDT 2000

At 10/17/2000 11:10 PM -0400, Birgitt wrote:

Greetings friends and colleagues in Open Space Technology,

We are getting ready to go to Berlin for this year's Open Space on Open
Space. I am having a struggle with thinking about all of my colleagues who
are not going to be at the event. I am having a struggle with the principle
"whoever comes are the right people". I agree that all the people who will
be there are the right people. Some might say that those who are not there
are not there by choice. And so the principle holds. I am not so sure about
this. For years I was a single mom with four young ones to finance on my
own, house and feed. Many events took place that I just could not afford to
go to, despite great inner pain when I could not. Did I have choice? My
choice was about food/shelter/responsibility to children. Was this a
choice? Really? Did I feel good if I heard "whoever comes are the right
people"? I think there are many among my colleagues for whom there is not
really choice. I believe that I am part of an elite group who could find
the financing by July for this event now. I share with you my thoughts
about this and my struggle with "whoever comes are the right people". Is it
really true?

And so what I do now is to open the discussion via e-mail asking that if
any of you have any topics that you would like to send along by e-mail to
be included, I would happily print them for you and post them on the
newswall at osonos. I suspect there will also be an effort made by the good
folks who organized this year's event to link on-line during the event. I
am not sure if I saw a note about that or not.

Blessings,
Birgitt

Dear Birgitt,

Thank you for your thoughtful spirit of inclusiveness!

I firmly believe that, in all things, whoever comes *are*
the right people, even though:
  -  I won't be participating in this year's OSonOS, and
  -  financial constraints often limit the number of
     national and international OS events I'm able
     to attend each year.

However, I think it would be wonderful if, as you suggested,
Birgitt, there's an "effort made...to link on-line during
the event."

Might it not be possible (Michael?) to create a forum in
the Worldwide Open Space site for shared postings?

I, for one, would love to see parallel or synchronized
conversations develop online during the OSonOS event,
and if we can't use the Worldwide OS site for this
online coordination, I think I could relatively easily
and quickly set up a forum for us on ezboard's free site:
         http://www.ezboard.com

For what it's worth, it seems to me that a web-based forum
(bulletin board) would be much more functional, flexible
and more easily navigable than attempting to run and track
the conversations through the listserv.  Just MHO.

Will be interested in others' thoughts and reactions!

As ever,
Metta Zetty

Explore ~~ Discover ~~ Celebrate
http://awakening.net/OpenSpace.html