Poetry Chapbook

Rhett Hudson/Chris Weaver rhett&chris at main.nc.us
Mon Oct 16 05:26:45 PDT 2000

Dear OSLIST,

The first OS poetry chapbook has been printed!  It's called

and thus we come alive
POEMS FROM OPEN SPACE
Volume One, October, 2000

Thanks to:  Corcom for the idea, Toke for the title line, Peggy and osi-usa
for covering initial printing, and Ward for making the delivery to Berlin!

The chapbook is very simple - white paper, folded over and stapled, 33
pages, 28 poems, 19 poets.  But the power of this little book is
astonishing.  Our wise teachers tell us that Open Space has both form and
essence.  Reading this chapbook leaves me believing that poetry is a
marvelous medicine indeed for enticing the essence to reaveal Itself.

The chapbook will be available for free in Berlin (those lucky ones).  If
you're not going to OSonOS, the whole version is now posted in item 6,
POETRY!SPACE, Vol.1, at The Meta Network (if you've never joined, it's free
at www.tmn.com/new/  ...where it asks for a sponsor, type in openspace).
You can post new poems in Item 10, POETRY!SPACE, Vol.2, OPEN.

If you would like a paper copy of this little book, send me three dollars
and I'll mail you one.  Any collection of extra dimes I collect in the
process I'll send on to osi-usa (I don't think I've paid my dues anyway...)

Chris Weaver
Springbranch Facilitation
P.O. Box 8234
Asheville, NC 28814
USA

And get your pens warmed up!  The third OSLIST poetry contest is coming in a
week.

Cheers!

Chris Weaver