curious about is the use of Open Space with organizations (maybe >smaller, entrpeneurial) who are at the pro-active or resposive stage

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Wed Oct 4 01:44:08 PDT 2000

hi Meg

we have experienced a lot of this in our own company and network of small
entrerpreurs that we are part of.

Open space works in the entreprenurial stage and responsive stage and i
feel is very necessary approach to parttake in real entrepreneurila network
growth.......

otherwise we will just see more of the SAME OLD stuff

conscoius people do not need control but trust, community, open inovative
learning fields.

BUT IT IS AN TRANFORMATIONAL SHIFT......OF MIND

we will be  experimenting with this in our traning for leaders in start ups
called Netrepreneur that we start in november 2000.

we will organize the learning process with OST as the stearing system and
see where it will take us all

for your inspiration..........

CHECK ALSO OUR WEBSITE MOSTLY IN DANSIH BUT YOU WILL FIND THE BASIC CONCEPT
2.0  VERSION IN ENGLISH HERE:

http://www.netrepreneur.dk/netrepreneur_engelsk.doc

we will be happy to share our learning with you and whoever can contribute
and learn with us on this......

will you be in Berlin.....?

we will.

- toke
***************

>I read Spiral Dynamics a number of years ago, and agree with Larry that it
>readily links up with Ken Wilber's work and Harrison's. And I am sure that
>Open Space can be used as a transformative gateway to help move an
>organization from one level to another.
>
>What I am curious about is the use of Open Space with organizations (maybe
>smaller, entrpeneurial) who are at the pro-active or resposive stage, and
>need to move beyond that. One example I am thinking of is the
>brilliant,tyrannical engineer type heading a high-tech start-up, who can't
>give up personal control.In Harrison's training last year, he referred to
>"giving up control" in moving beyond the pro-active organizational stage
>(equivalent to orange meme?) It seems to me that Open Space would still work
>here, even if what the organization needs to do is delegate control and
>embed it more in the organization, not in the founder. (i.e. we're still a
>long way from inter-active!).
>
>Does anyone have any experience in this kind of situation?
>
>Meg Salter
>MegaSpace Consultants
>meg.salter at sympatico.ca

Toke Paludan Møller       InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
City office at  "DAYS like this" - Mejlgade 50, st., 8000 C Århus, Denmark
Ph and fax: +45 86 76 13 35.   Mobile  +45 2616 6919
email:  toke at interchange.dk        URL: http://www.interchange.dk

Home office at the lake - Stengaardsvej 5 A,   8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Ph   +45 8684 6919   Fax +45 8684 6908