OS and Information Systems - Help please

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Sun Oct 29 06:55:58 PST 2000

Aurtur and others;

It was a great OSonOS event at Wannsee,  so many wonderful people and so
little time.

My family and I had a beautiful time in Potsdam and on the trains (RE, U and
S bahn's) all over Berlin.  The Wall is down, the interactive world
continues to rush in.  The East is struggling.  We stood in line for 2 hours
with many Germans to see the new Riechstag (sp?), the new symbol of the
United Germany.  We spent the day in Sansoucci to experience an old, opulent
German elite.  We visted Zoo Station, the Church, Kreutzberg,  Check Point
Charlie and many more places.  We won't be the same.

Artur --  As for using Open Space with change processes related to new IT
systems.  I've been doing it for the last while with Sharon King.
Interactive project planning processes which involve whole systems in
clarifying and redefining implementation of a soft-ware like Oracle in a
huge system are critical to effective implementation and shifting awareness
to an interactive organization.   There is no "model" but working with one
segment of the key actors to get beyond "change management" to interactive
and inclusive processes.  At times Opening Space and times clarifying
strategic intent and at other times getting all the key actors in the room
in guided but dialogue full conversations.  It is still going on and will
likely for awhile.  So there are still many things for me to learn.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
41 Appleton Ave., Toronto, ON,