Participant Driven Open Space Principles and Laws

Meg Salter meg.salter at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 29 08:32:28 PST 2000

You're right, of course - about coming from outside the system/ conceptual
frame, but inside the group. Wonderful!

Ref: "virginity in OD" methods - what a beautiful phrase! My background too,
is not in OD (acutally, it was marketing once, but that was a long time
ago). How much of  traditional OD reluctance to this type of work comes from
hanging on to our own self-perceived expert role? Who are we without this
expertise? How can we charge (high) rates? And so we are tied into and part
of the very system ("pro-active" control) that we are supposedly trying to
help change.

Once again, the message is to let go! (at least, that's always what comes up