FSC & OS "Women-Leaders of Siberia: the strategies forcollaboration"

Judi Richardson Richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Thu Nov 23 07:23:50 PST 2000

John

I read your message and can't even imagine what you are going through as you sit at that Cafe.  In fact, I make my way through my day with none of the challenges you describe ― I am humbled to hear of your bravery in opening space under the circumstances, and the magnificence of those who speak out.

Please know that you are in our hearts and prayers.  If offer a favorite speech to you:

OUR  DEEPEST  FEAR

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
     talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you NOT to be?
You are a child of the Universe.  Your playing small does
      not serve the World.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that
Other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of the Divine
     that is within us.
It is not just in some of us;
    it is in everyone.
As we let our Light shine, we unconsciously give other
    people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
   our presence automatically liberates others.

Nelson Mandela

With much love, light, and blessings.

€ Judith Richardson
B.A., B.Ed., C.N.E.