A new Gate Way?

Meg Salter meg.salter at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 14 09:19:58 PST 2000

Well, I guess there's hope for us all, after all!!

I read somewhere that the Internet (and, by extension, computers) do for
brain power what steam, railroads etc. did for muscle power in the
Industrial Revolution. Picking up on notions like Maslow's hierarchy, and
Spiral Dynamics, and even Owen (!), you have to satisfy basic body needs-
survival and safety, before you can address mind-type intellectual needs.
i.e. feed the body before you feed the soul! I choose to interpret Gate's
comments as a major opening beyond short-sightedness and arrogance (typical
pro-active??) Yeah!!!!!!!